X-Ray Technologist – Olympia Orthopaedic Associates
Location: Olympia, WA
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $31.12 -$40 per hour
(Pay is determined based on years of experience)
-Must Provide a COVID-19 Vaccination Record-
Olympia Orthopaedics is a drug-free, alcohol-free, and smoke-free workplace.
If offered employment, passage of background screen and pre-employment drug screen is required.
Please note nicotine levels are included in testing.
X-Ray Technologist Job Duties:
· Prepares patients for radiologic procedures.
Protects patient, self, and other staff from radiation hazards.
Takes X-rays following established procedures for patient care and safety, which involves setting up and operating radiographic equipment used in the medical diagnosis and/or treatment of patients and includes implementing infection control procedures for the work area.
Selects proper ionizing factors for radiological diagnosis.
Adjusts/sets radiographic controls.
Positions patients and takes X-rays of specific parts of the patient’s body as requested by physicians.
Checks X-rays for clarity of image, retaking when needed.
· Maintains required records including patient records, daily log books, and monthly reports.
Performs quantity and quality control checks to assure X-ray unit meets standards required by laws, rules, and departmental policies.
Complies with safety standards.
· Cleans, maintains, and makes minor adjustments to radiographic equipment, including determining equipment repairs.
· Maintains radiographic supplies and orders as necessary.
· Requests outside images for upcoming appointments.
Ensures images are available for surgery at outside facility, if necessary.
· Other duties as assigned.
X-Ray Technologist Job Requirements:
· Associate’s degree in radiological technology from accredited X-ray technician program.
· One to three years of experience as X-ray technologist, preferably in orthopedic medical practice environment.
· American Registry of Radiologic Technologist registration required.
X-Ray Technologist Physical Demands:
Standing six to eight hours per day, walking, stooping,and bending.
Requires ability to move equipment and transfer patients.
Occasional stress when working with anxious patients.
For a complete X-Ray Technologist job description, please visit: https://olyortho.com/career-opportunities/
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $31.19 - $40.00 per hour
Paid time off
10 hour shift
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
Olympia, WA 98502: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
WA State Radiologic Technologist Certification (Required)
Work Location: One location
Please enter your email to receive a job alert when similar jobs are available. You can cancel job alerts at any time!