Surgical Technologist – Olympia Orthopaedic Associates
Location: 3901 Capital Mall Dr. SW Ste A, Olympia, WA 98502
Job Type: PRN/Per Diem
Pay: $27.24 - $38.68 per hour
(Pay is determined based on years of experience)
-Must Provide a COVID-19 Vaccination Record-
Olympia Orthopaedics is a drug-free, alcohol-free, and smoke-free workplace.
If offered employment, passage of background screen and pre-employment drug screen is required.
Please note nicotine levels are included in testing.
Surgical Technologist Expected Hours of Work:
This is a Per-Diem position, and you must be available to work during normal business hours.
Surgical Technologist Job Duties:
· Opens sterile supplies and prepares for each operative procedure.
· Assists surgeons during procedure according to prescribed standard.
Assists and anticipates the needs of the surgeon.
· Sets up sterile surgical table instruments and supplies according to the type of operation.
· Maintains correct count of sponges/needles per ASC policy and procedure.
· Maintains aseptic technique at all times as dictated by accepted standards.
· Assists in maintenance and care of specimens as directed.
· Assists in application of dressings, casts, and in moving patients as needed.
· Decontaminates all equipment, instruments, and supplies as directed in procedure.
· Compiles and makes available all necessary supplies needed for procedures.
Prepares surgical trays, instruments, equipment, and supplies as directed in procedures.
· Helps clean and maintain rooms, equipment, and furniture according to prescribed procedures.
· Assists in inventory storage and retrieval of supplies and equipment.
· Assists with all procedures as assigned by lead staff.
· Maintains confidentiality of all patient and facility’s communications and documentation.
· Communicates a positive and caring attitude toward patient, peers, staff and all other contacts.
· Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served.
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and can identify and categorize each patient’s age-specific grouping of needs.
· Seeks guidance, direction and assistance when needed.
· Always follows facility policies and procedures.
Surgical Technologist Job Requirements:
· High school graduate or equivalent
· Scrub technician training program and registration by the State of Washington
· Experience performing scrub technician duties
· Current certification in basic CPR for Healthcare professionals
· Ability to work well with physicians, employees, patients, and others.
· A good command of the English language both verbal and written.
· Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, and systems.
Surgical Technologist Physical Demands:
· Superior dexterity skills needed to pass instruments.
· Requires extensive mobility (walking and standing) while performing duties, with periodic pushing, pulling, and lifting of patients and/or equipment.
For a complete Surgical Technologist * job description, please visit: https://olyortho.com/career-opportunities/*
Pay: $27.24 - $38.68 per hour
10 hour shift
8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
Suite A Olympia, WA 98502: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Surgical Technologist Certification (Required)
Work Location: One location
Please enter your email to receive a job alert when similar jobs are available. You can cancel job alerts at any time!