Physician Assistant (Orthopaedic Clinic)– Olympia Orthopaedic Associates
Location: Olympia, WA
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Starting at $100,000 per year
(Pay is determined based on years of experience)
-Must Provide a COVID-19 Vaccination Record-
Olympia Orthopaedics is a drug-free, alcohol-free, and smoke-free workplace.
If offered employment, passage of background screen and pre-employment drug screen is required.
Please note nicotine levels are included in testing.
Physician Assistant Job Duties:
· Contributes to physician's effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range patient care issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physician directives.
· Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories.
· Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests, such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory studies; interpreting test results.
· Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
· Performs therapeutic procedures by administering injections and immunizations; suturing; managing wounds and infections.
· Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving normal growth and development information; discussing family planning; providing counseling on emotional problems of daily living; promoting wellness and health maintenance.
· Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans.
· Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
· Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
· Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
· Develops health care team staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Physician Assistant Job Requirements:
Health Promotion and Maintenance, Thoroughness, Clinical Skills, Informing Others, Medical Teamwork, Physiological Knowledge, Bedside Manner, Infection Control, Administering Medication, Pain Management, Self-Development.
For a complete Physician Assistant job description, please visit: https://olyortho.com/career-opportunities/
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $100,000.00 per year
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
Olympia, WA 98502: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Physician Assistant License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Please enter your email to receive a job alert when similar jobs are available. You can cancel job alerts at any time!