Job Description and Specification
POSITION TITLE: BUYER ASSISTANT
REPORTS TO: SENIOR BUYER
Assists the Buyer with daily operation of the department including data entry, vendor communication, creating and managing reports, and other duties assigned by the supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Track late orders.
2. Check on PO's from previous day.
3. Send PO's as required by Buyers.
4. Issue store credits/debits as required.
5. Includes adjustments and cancelation of customer orders.
6. Price changes/updates.
7. Enter Buying/Sell Allowances.
8. Enter New Items.
9. Special Orders (Customer Call-In).
10. Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of grocery store operations.
2. Skill in operating various office equipment, with a strong familiarity with Excel.
3. Ability to pay close attention to detail and coordinate various activities simultaneously.
4. Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers and business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
5. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
6. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school graduate or equivalent and excellent organization and time management skills.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned.
They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills require of personnel assigned.
Please enter your email to receive a job alert when similar jobs are available. You can cancel job alerts at any time!